Monday, January 31, 2011

múm - Yesterday Was Dramatic – Today Is OK [2000]


Now this is some good music to relax to. I was watching the black metal documentary, "Until the Light Takes Us" and the song in the intro was appealing to me. It was a relaxed, kind of electronic/ambient post-rock song and I liked it enough to look around on Youtube. After some searching, I found it was entitled "The Ballad of the Broken Birdie Records" by múm. So, I looked into them some more and they're really fucking cool. I grabbed their first album and am listening to it now and it's really good. Definitely something different here. múm are from Iceland and they play a mixture of electronic, ambient and post-rock to create this relaxing atmosphere of bliss. They were formed in 1997 and released their first album in 2000 which is of course "Yesterday Was Dramatic - Today Is OK". Since then, they've released six more albums.

No comments:

Post a Comment